When it comes to buying new carpets for your Petworth floors, unless you are a seasoned carpet buying professional you will be struck by the range of different carpet options available to you.
It isn’t just a case of choosing your favourite carpet colour to complement the décor in your Petworth home, you will also be faced with different types of:
- Materials (wool, polypropylene, 80/20 blends)
- Pile types (Saxony, Berber, Twist)
- Weights (90 oz, 70 oz, 38oz etc).
You may also have noticed the choice of backings. So what does this mean? Many carpets are fitted with a textile backing to provide extra durability and stability.
Here is a quick guide to how different types of carpet are constructed and which carpets may be best suited to your Petworth residence.
- Action backing (hessian): This is a strong, stable woven synthetic fabric. It is one of the most common carpet backings and enables the carpet to be fitted by stretching.
- Superbac: This is the patented backing of Abingdon carpets, protecting it from creasing and making it extra durable.
- Felt backing: These carpets can be glued down without the need for underlay or gripper making them generally a cheaper option.
A member of our Flooring HUT team would be happy to visit your Petworth property to give you a better understanding of the range of carpets on offer and to measure any area where you are looking for new flooring. Get in touch today.
Other Carpet Manufacturers
We also provide carpets from the following manufacturers, please call us for more product information on: 01903 377027 or Book A FREE Estimate
Address: Flooring HUT Ltd, 15 Southcourt Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 7DF
VAT Reg: 230 8750 19
Registration Number: 09611722 Phone: 01903 377027
Copyright © 2015-2018 Flooring Hut Ltd . All Rights Reserved.