In keeping with the rest of the UK, Mayfield property owners often favour carpets on their floors above any other type of flooring. However despite the prevalence of carpet and our love for it, many of our Mayfield customers are unsure about the terminology used in the carpet industry.
So let us provide you with a small glossary of useful terms that may help you as you search for the ideal new carpets for your Mayfield residence.
- Backing: In tufted carpets (most common in the UK) the primary backing is the material that the yarn is stitched through. The secondary backing is added in the finishing process to add strength, durability and ease of fitting to the carpet.
- Berber: A type of carpet made of looped yarn with randomly spaced flecks of colour against a base colour background.
- Polypropylene:A synthetic fibre used to make carpets, known for stain resistance, being easy to clean, durability, and having a low absorption factor.
- Pile:The visible surface of the carpet composed of yarn tufts in a loop and/or cut configuration.
- Saxony:A type of cut pile carpet with upright yarns in which the individual tips of yarn are clearly visible.
- Twist: A type of carpet where the fibre bundles are brought together and wound around each other to help the yarn stay together and increase resistance to pile crush.
- UnderlayThe cushion or padding that goes underneath carpets for comfort and to enhance the life of the carpet.
Other Carpet Manufacturers
We also provide carpets from the following manufacturers, please call us for more product information on: 01903 377027 or Book A FREE Estimate
Address: Flooring HUT Ltd, 15 Southcourt Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 7DF
VAT Reg: 230 8750 19
Registration Number: 09611722 Phone: 01903 377027
Copyright © 2015-2018 Flooring Hut Ltd . All Rights Reserved.