When you buy new carpets for your Keymer home you will certainly want them to retain that pristine newness for as long as possible. With some common sense, regular vacuuming with the right type of vacuum cleaner and quick reaction times to spills you can keep the carpets in your Keymer residence looking new for a long time.
But what happens if something unfortunate happens and you get a nasty spillage. Here are some tricks and tips to deal with two common worst case carpet scenarios.
Candle Wax on your carpets
The Keymer winter nights are getting colder and you get out the candles seeking to further enhance the warmth and cosiness of your newly carpeted room. Disaster strikes and the candle wax spills onto the carpet. If scraping doesn’t work:
- Place a piece of kitchen towel over the dry wax
- Using an appropriate setting iron the kitchen roll. Remember polypropylene fibres can melt at high temperatures so not too hot!
- The kitchen towel should absorb the wax removing it from the carpet.
Nail Varnish on your carpets
You are getting ready for a night out in Keymer’s Greyhound pub when you spill nail varnish on your new carpets.
- Apply a non-oily acetone nail polish remover using a soft towel.
Don’t over wet the carpet.
- Use a clean paper towel and gently push toward the centre of the spot to avoid spreading the stain.
- Repeat this and with patient peeling it should be possible to remove the varnish.
Other Carpet Manufacturers
We also provide carpets from the following manufacturers, please call us for more product information on: 01903 377027 or Book A FREE Estimate
Address: Flooring HUT Ltd, 15 Southcourt Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 7DF
VAT Reg: 230 8750 19
Registration Number: 09611722 Phone: 01903 377027
Copyright © 2015-2018 Flooring Hut Ltd . All Rights Reserved.